Aptly named title for tonight's Lost premiere seeing as how it is the beginning of the back half of the series.
Yes, finally after waiting for what seemed like forever, I got to see one of my favorite tv shows come back for its 4th season. And just like almost every episode, this one left me both confused, trying to piece together all the parts to the complicated story I had just seen unfold, and wanting more. I liked it. However, as a season premiere it felt very different from the previous season openers.
And maybe that was because it was different from the previous season openers. First of all, the flashbacks which have been a Lost staple from the very beginning have now been replaced with flashforwards off the island. So that's a pretty big change. Everything just seems so chaotic...whether it be the on-island segments where they are going back and forth between whether they should trust the rescuers, or the off-island flashforwards where the 6(!!!) apparent survivors lives are all messed up. I have a feeling there's going to be a real shortage of fun "happy go lucky" moments from this point on, save for Hurley's slow motion cannonball jump.
I think more than anything, what I wanted from this episode was some answers. And that was an unrealistic wish. Of course we weren't going to get much, and we were going to be given more questions. I guess it had just been so long I was ready for something. There was some good stuff, but sooo many new questions.
I think more than anything, the question I want answered soon is who are the "rescuers"? Maybe that'll get answered next week...
doubt it.
3 comments:
yeah, i doubt it too.
after pop-up lost last night and the recap hour, i was as stoked to watch an hour of television as i may have ever been. i just finished it (i got home late from work and had to dvr it) and i don't feel as fulfilled as i do nervous. like you, i think i wanted closure to at least one of the hanging chads and i don't guess we got that. which, as you said, makes this season opener different than the last two.
i did like the separation of the beach group into two factions. that should prove fun. and looking forward (maybe a couple seasons forward), i think hurley's going to end up being our ultimate badass or savior. he's always been our personification of hope on this show, and what do you have if you don't have hope?
i am excited for next week and i do think we'll get an answer or two. maybe not the ones we're looking for.
although, that's always the case.
ok. so, maybe i was wrong. did not get much in the way of answers last night, although how awesome a twist was it that the team from the freighter is there for ben??? very cool i thought. and twice in two weeks now we've had attempted executions.
the ghostbuster dude??? what is up with him?
and i have to admit, our "heroes" (the original cast) spend so much time in pain or confused or out of control that i love moments (even though you know it's only going to be a moment) on the show when they get the upper hand for a second like in the forest last night when "the calvary" arrived.
what did you think?
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20177894,00.html
note that lost has been knocked down to 13 episodes. i guess that's better than eight. oh well.
Post a Comment