I hate reality tv as much as the next guy, but you know what's especially terrible--the dating/relationship reality shows. Oh my God, I get so sick of seeing them, whether it be from an ad, flipping past the channel when one of them is on, or however I might come across one. They can be hard to avoid. I guess the main reason I think this genre is the most pointless piece of crap on television is because they have no purpose. What is supposed to be the purpose? I assume it is for the famous person to pick one of the contestants to have a relationship with them. Really? Is that a good idea for a show? Especially since you know at the end of the current season there is GOING to be another season. It's inevitable. Or at least the probability looks pretty good judging from the countless seasons of Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, And I Love New York.
I was watching I Love New York once and was just amazed. I was amazed at how people could take it seriously. Because there was this one part when they added some dramatic violin music in, similar to the kind that the show Lost uses....but see, the thing was, the moment wasn't worthy of dramatic violin music. It was laughable really. But at the same time it was frustrating because stuff like that doesn't deserve to be on television. I think by this point, VH1 has lost any credibility they ever had with me. So I'll probably have a biased against anything that is ever on that station from now on.
And what's worse? What's one thing not effected by the writer's strike? Reality television. Because it takes no talent and no creative thinking to produce a reality tv show.
Reality tv sucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment