Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Movies

I was watching tv while I eating lunch a little while ago and a commercial came on for a new parody movie of 300. The question I asked myself was, do we really need this movie? Why does 300 need to be parodied? I don't think it does. Not that I think it's not "worthy" or something...I just think its a bad concept.

Not that any of the other parody movies that have come out as of late have looked any better. (I can't say whether they actually were or not since I did not see them, but I passed my judgment based on the commercial.) Point is, they just look terrible. I'm talking about this Meet the Spartans movie, Epic movie, that Dewey Cox movie, The Comebacks which was like a football one, Date Movie, and I think there's a new one called Superheros that looks pretty terrible as well.

There are some good parody movies. Anything done my Mel Brooks, The Naked Gun series, and Shaun of the Dead to name a few--but I guess the more recent ones don't appeal to me because they try too hard to be funny. And there's nothing funny about that.


Speaking of movies, I am going to go see Cloverfield tomorrow at midnight. You might not have heard of it because almost nobody knows what it's about. The trailer for the movie is entirely from the view of a hand-held camcorder someone has at a party. All of the sudden there's an explosion of some kind outside, so everybody runs out to find the Statue of Liberty's head in the middle of the street. Then there's all these other explosions in the distance, but that's about it. It's been directed by J. J. Abrams, co creator of Lost, so of course secrecy is involved which adds to the hype and fun of going to see it. So hopefully that won't let me down. The only other movie I can honesty say I'm looking forward to is Indiana Jones IV which will be out in May. I am confident I will not be disappointed, but you never know.

Anyway, I'm not really a big movie buff or anything, but that's what was on my mind at the moment and I need to fill up this blog page again. So there you go.

1 comment:

kevin said...

i am waiting for your cloverfield review. did it live up to all the hype/secrecy?