Monday, March 28, 2011

Life

Well, since November when I last updated, things have been pretty uneventful, so I have not bothered to write. I've been at Park Rite now for almost 8 months. Seems like it's been forever. I've had various job interviews, but nothing has worked out, mostly due to my poor interviewing skills. But whatever, I'm getting over it. It was hard to face the facts that I wasn't going to end up some successful business person (what I imagine most everybody things they'll be when they finish college) And I've come to terms with it.

I talked to Hawkeye, who thru hiked with me, yesterday on Facebook. He's in Africa right now doing the Peace Corps. It sounds tough. I think he's ready to be done already, but still has a year and a half or so to go. I know he'll make it. Anyway, he told me it would be time to do the CDT when he got back, in spring 2013. If you don't know, the CDT is the Continental Divide Trail, one of the other long national scenic trails in the US. It's a daunting task...a lot more so than the AT ever was. He asked me to join him and I'm going to, of course. It's only fitting, since we started and finished the AT together...not even knowing so until we had completed half the trail. It was the strangest part of my hike. There was this other guy, whom I'd never met and here we are...hiking more or less together, and never running into each other. And now we are talking about embarking on another adventure.

I seem to be having a gear problem lately. Bought a new pack a while back and its great besides the fact that the hip belt feels way too high. I got the size made for my height, but i dunno.. Also, shoes. I got a new pair of Solomans which I love, but the right one feels weird on the arch of my foot. So those are two big gear problems that need resolving.

I haven't been working out like I should. It's just very hard these days for me to get out and do it. I blame living at home. It's like I'm stuck in a hole here. There's no sign of me getting out any time soon.

Damn it.

No comments: