"If the NCAA declares Bush retroactively ineligible for the 2004 season, the Bowl Championship Series has said it will consider stripping the Trojans of their lone BCS title during Carroll’s era." To give to the team that finished 2nd in the polls...maybe we can publicly claim 2004 soon...
Not sure how likely it really is, but I hope this does not happen. I'm proud that Auburn has never claimed awards retroactively and I see no reason for this to change now. In fact, I'd be all in favor of disclaiming the 1957 NC since it was not an undisputed championship win. I feel like this is the only way a team can claim to be the best team of the season (considering the imperfect system college football goes by).
I think I read somewhere that Notre Dame only officially claims undisputed national titles. Why doesn't every school go by this policy?
Because it makes too much sense, I guess.
1 comment:
Totally with you, Jacob. I'll buy an Alabama national championship t-shirt and probably more swag of that ilk, but I won't buy any that displays "13...". It just doesn't make any sense to me. And it almost lessens the value of how incredible Bama having eight undisputed titles really is.
Post a Comment