You know what is getting on my nerves -- gas prices. And it's not what you might think. The thing that is really getting on my nerves is how the people on the news keep mentioning how, "today was a record high for gas prices!"
Well, yeah, you idiot. Once the price of gas reaches a certain point (which is way long past by now) it comes to the point of being a "record." Then if it ever surpasses that number, then the new price will be the new record. So why do they keep saying it every day!!! It's not even newsworthy. I can look up at the sign and see its higher than it was yesterday and use my own brain to deduce that a record has been made from the previous day, week, month, what have you. Anyway, all I know is, thank God I can take the transit, bike or walk most places.
Speaking of gas, this past weekend I went home. There's 40 bucks gone right there. Poof. But it was a good 4th of July vacation and all that. Glad to be back though. That'll probably be my last trip home till the end of the summer. I'm planning on doing another hiking trip before the fall semester starts. I don't know how I'm going to do this one because if I do it alone I'd have to have someone take me. But if I can find someone to hike with me, we could take two cars and transport each other. I don't know how realist that would be considering not many people would like to do such a thing. But I may have found one friend who is interested. More on that, I guess, later.
No comments:
Post a Comment