Hello all, diving head first into the summer semester now. It isn't too bad now that I am done running around visiting friends and relatives and I'll pretty much be in Auburn now for the bulk of the summer. My work load isn't too bad this time around. I'm taking my last English credit and a portfolio class for Industrial Design.
I wish I could say that this summer is going to be more enjoyable than the last, but so far it's not looking that way. I think I've gotten over last years problem, but then, wouldn't you know it, a new one decides to pop up and inconvenience me. Summer can be lonely at times, which can be a good thing in that I get stuff done, but it also gives me time to think of things that don't make me feel too happy. Things I don't like discussing...as I've previously not discussed. It's not that bad, if anything I have more fun than just the usual weekend or so that I would enjoy out with friends on a normal fall or spring semester. But considering the dramatic decrease in my workload, there's a lot of extra time during the summer.
Oh well, cheer up Jacob, in a year you won't have to worry about those pesky summers getting you down. You know why? Because you'll never have another one again! YAY!!! But seriously, I'm starting to think that may be a good thing for me.
Another thing I started thinking about. In exactly 2 years from now, I will be nearly halfway into my journey to hike the Appalachian Trail, end to end. It seems like it's far off, but thinking back, I think it was 4 years ago that I promised myself I would do it. So in that context, 2 more years will be nothing. As for my hiking plans this summer, I'm thinking about doing a week trip at the end, between the end of summer semester and fall. Kinda like last summer, just without the incapacitating blisters.
Anyway, that's enough of that. I'm gonna go.
1 comment:
did you get my VBS email?
Post a Comment