So, not much happening at the moment, hence the posting. I have a lot to do in the coming week, however. A project is due Friday which will be taking up quite a bit of my time in the coming days to finish. So, yeah. Sucks.
Also, I'm graduating in freakin' May. Damn.
I'm taking this stupid Ethics class for my last core requirement. Man, it's going to be such a pain in the ass. I can tell already. If ever in college I thought a class was the most pointless thing of all time, I was wrong. Because this is it. I. Don't. Care. !!! Ethics is the biggest distraction I will ever encounter. It does have one benefit I suppose, which is allowing me to graduate.
In other news, 3 day weekends rock. You know something that bugs me? When people call the guy getting inaugurated on Tuesday "black". He's not black. They should say, "Americas first biracial president will be inaugurated on Tuesday." Which, to me, says even more about the country's acceptance than if he was 100% black. Seems to me, a mulatto would...or used to be, less acceptable. Furthermore, what if he was biracial, but had white skin (which is entirely possible, if you didn't know)? Would people call him white then? Whatever, I don't care anymore.
2 comments:
hmmm...so, in your opinion, only the offspring of two native africans or two african-americans would count as black? is that right? or is that too simple?
how much does skin color weigh in the equation? how much does the opinion of the person in question weigh?
has obama come out and said that he's black? i should look that up.
it's an interesting question.
I think to the media it's all about skin color, e.g. what I was saying in the post about if he had favored his mothers side. As for the president himself, he's a politician and wants to appeal to everybody so he's not going to "favor" either side too heavily, I believe. As for me, as I ended the post, I don't care. It just erks me how the media puts so much emphasis on it.
I suppose, though, that ethnicity is a kind of a big deal considering that the position he is filling has been dominated by a single ethnicity for quite some time. Surely, though, the novelty will wear off soon--when the real business gets at hand.
Post a Comment