So I had a job interview on Friday. How did it go? Eh, ok I guess. I kind of got mixed feelings from it. It was my first real interview so I was not expected it to be perfect and it was not, but it didn't go terribly. He gave me a lot of criticism on my portfolio, even more than the two people I talked to at a portfolio review told me. Which was good...and bad. I appreciated it, because I want my portfolio to be the best it can possibly be. But at the same time, after it was over, I walked out and thought...shit, guess I'm not getting that one. Then again, he told me they were only looking for girls for the spring because of the way they do the housing, they needed two girls for the remaining spots. He said that they have openings in the summer and fall, though. I didn't feel the urge to really try, past just showing my work..you know like saying something like, "well I hope you consider me for a position in the summer!" or something like that...mostly because of the prior raping of my portolio. Don't get me wrong, my work was good, he said my portfolio was solid, one of the best he had seen (I'm guessing he meant of the other people that interviewed before me that day) but I was smart enough to realize that I wasn't ready. There was and is still work for me to do before I'll be ready. At least until I am confident enough to know without hesitation that I am the best person for the job. And I will get to that point. Eventually.
Problem is, I'm trying to do school at the same time. Which leaves little time to work on my portfolio. I guess if I still haven't gotten an internship by the time I graduate I'll have plenty of time to work on it then. Whatever.
Also, after having about half a 30 stone left over from this weekend from when a friend of mine came to visit I have come to the conclusion that I cannot leave beer here for any extended period of time. It will get dranken...drunken? drank? by myself, even if that means drinking it alone on a Sunday night while typing a blog post. I need a hobby or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment