I saw the most ridiculous thing today. Near the Best Buy, in one of the front parking spaces there is a sign...which at first glance you might just think is a handicapped parking only sign. Well, think again. That's right, upon closer inspection I realized it was a sign that said something like,
Parking for pregnant women
or families with infants only
This was the most ridiculous thing I had seen all day. First of all, there is no law prohibiting ANYONE from parking there (unlike a handicap spot where there is a fine penalty). So why would they even bother putting a sign!? I realize it is something the sign posters expected to be upheld out of common courtesy, but frankly that is something you can't count on these days.
Also, I'm not sure pregnant women and/or families with infants really deserve such a privilege. And if this is the beginning of random exclusive parking spaces then I shutter to think what's next. Parking for the morbidly obese? Minority parking? Parking for the really, really, really good looking? I don't know, but next time I go to Best Buy I think I'm going to park in that spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment